There's such a great feeling of accomplishment when a project is done, and I feel so happy now that I've finished the pleated beauty. I had originally intended to make this version my muslin so to speak and then make another for my swap partner, but I love the way this one turned out and don't see a need for that anymore. I'll make another one for myself later using the same fabrics since I think I have just enough material left over to make another one later on.
I'm feeling so much more confident now that my swap partner will like it once she sees it in person. I did make a few modifications. I machine sewed the base to make it more stable, I lined the pocket, and I made the straps differently because I couldn't get them to work for me as described in the book.
It's going to the other end of the world, and I'm so excited to send it off!

10 comments:
Wow! Your bag is beautiful. Well done. I love the pleats. I changed the way I did the straps too. I sewed them right sides together and then turned them inside out. It was getting too fiddly the other way.
That's exactly what I ended up doing. I couldn't get a perfect 1/4 inch seam all the way down, and I thought it wasn't worth getting stressed over it. I had planned to top stitch the straps, but I totally forgot to do it.
Oh and thanks so much for the compliment:)
very nice.....love the black and white fabric....
Thanks Val! I learned so much from making this bag. I'm actually considering an Amy Butler pattern next.
it turned out so cute...i love it in black.
Thanks:)
I love this bag. I did my second bag's straps like you did because I never could get a nice straight line as directed in the book. I saw that you are doing the Sassy swap...are you going to do the Flirty one again?
Thanks:) I really hope my swap partner likes it. The straps were a bit of a hassle, and I just couldn't get them to look the way I wanted them to, but I think they turned out ok anyway. I haven't decided about the sassy apron swap yet but only because I decided to take a couple of classes this summer, and I may not have a lot of free time. Are you doing it again?
BTW, I visited your blog and loved the pleated beauty you made for your your mom! I wanted to leave you a comment, but for some reason I got an odd error message and wasn't able to.
Thank you. I had fun putting it together. The red really grew on me. I signed up for the Flirty & Sassy apron swaps...I may have gotten myself way over my head. Better get started pretty soon!
Post a Comment