Monday, April 7, 2008

pleated beauty bag: part one



I'm in another swap, and this time it's not an apron but a tote called the pleated beauty bag. Since I've never made the bag before, I decided to make one for myself before I even attempt one for my swap partner. I'm using three different fabrics: black linen, a retro looking cotton for contrast and another fabric for the inside. It's all cut and partially sewed, but (yes there had to be a but) I'm not at all happy with the way it's coming along. First of all, I ruined the gorgeous gray fabric I was going to use to line it with and didn't have enough to re cut it, so I ended up using another fabric. It's a light brown cotton and actually matches very well with the other fabrics, but it's so whisper thin that it adds no substance to the overall construction. I'm afraid it's starting to look like it's going to be a very floppy sort of bag.

3 comments:

sarahross said...

This bag is going to look so cute. I love the red button and the contrast material. Being floppy will just make it look extra loved--which can't be a bad thing!

Bell said...

The bag is looking really good. I've made a couple and they have been floppy too. It is nice and comfortable to carry as its soft. Feel free to email me if you get stuck.

dressmaker in training said...

Thanks:)