I bought a yard of a Japanese cotton linen blend fabric, and it's absolutely gorgeous. It's a whimsical bee print that somehow manages to avoid looking cutesy. I really wish I had bought more of it.
I haven't worked on the pleated beauty bag in days, and the swap deadline is now about two weeks away. I'm seriously doubting my fabric choices at this point and part of me just wants to start from the beginning. Of course, I am probably thinking way too much about this and should trust my initial instincts and return to the project. The problem is that the fabrics I chose really appeal to me, but I'm not so sure anymore that my swap partner will like them.
I’m starting to really, really heart Joann Fabrics. Granted their fabric selection leaves a lot to be desired, but their sales are nothing short of amazing. I’ve managed to buy so many basics from them and all at 50% off their regular price. In the last few weeks, I’ve bought bobbins, every type of machine needle made by Schmetz, and an amazing amount of other notions I had not realized I desperately needed and could not live without. I am now prepared for any conceivable measuring or cutting emergency. And, I’ve saved a ton of money too;)

10 comments:
the fabric is really nice....like you said, not overboard cutsey. I need to check JA fabrics online....mine is 40 minutes away 8-(
I love your fabric. I just bought some similar fabric but it has little hedgehogs all over it. It feels really nice.
Hi! Thanks for the comment over on my blog!! I hope you continue with your bag for the swap.. I think the fabric choices are very sophisticated. I do empathize with you though.. I thought the same thing when I made my bag for the swap..."Will anyone like this but me??" Well, I mailed mine off and my swap partner loved it (at least that's what she said) and I'm sure your partner will love yours too!!
thanks for popping over to my blog and leaving a comment (what are cheetos?)
that japanese fabric looks gorgeous
wish we had Joann's over in England...would love it I am sure
The floral print fabric for the pleated beauty bag looks fabulous.
So does this Japanese linen!
Will it take a long time to re-create a new bag for swap partner? (seeing how you are quite unhappy with the lining substitute...)
Sounds like you've totally caught the bug! my sewing notions started out fitting into a shoe box...these days its hard to walk in our spare room! Love the fabric choices on your bag, is it a design from the Aussie girls from Print Charming?
Thank you all so much for your kind comments:)
sarah thanks so much for your encouragement I really hope she likes it.
Annieb here's a link to more than you probalby ever wanted to know about cheetos: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheetos
juanitatortilla I almost cut out another lining fabric, but I decided to keep the brown fabric. Thankfully I eneded up liking the result.
marita you're right the contrasting fabric is from the prints charming collection.
love this fabric!
Awww... that Japanase cotton blend with the little bees on it is really cool. Do you have any plans for it yet? I just bought some similar fabric (with sheep though) and not really sure what to do with it... I just fell in love with it! It was a 'had to have it' moment, and I need to stop doing that until I know what on earth I am going to do with it all...
Post a Comment