Tuesday, March 4, 2008
it's all about the fabric
For some insane reason I want to make a quilt, and it's all Heather Bailey's fault. Now, I've tried making a quilt before, and let's just say it was a rather unfortunate experience. I should backtrack and explain that when I say I tried making a quilt, what I mean is that I spent hours cutting what seemed to be hundreds of little pieces of fabric, but the sewing part never actually took place. The thought of sewing all those tiny seams was just too daunting for me, and I kept putting it off until one day the bag full of cut squares somehow disappeared, but now I'm inspired to try again using Heather's lovely fabrics. At the very least, I'll end up with a stack of gorgeous fabrics to use on other projects.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you sooo need to get the denyse schmidt quilts book. seriously, it changed my life. hee hee :)
remember, you can use really big squares for your first quilt, it might make it less daunting.
Hey, just found your blog via my buddy's (Sew Purrfect) - if you ever need any quilting know how, she's the gal to ask.
I've yet to have a go at quilting but would love to one day. Baby steps...
Post a Comment