Thursday, March 13, 2008

apron swap


I decided to join an apron swap. It's hard to believe that just a few weeks ago, I had no idea that such a thing even existed, but amazingly it does. So far, I've really enjoyed choosing an apron style and the fabric to go along with it for my swap partner. I bought three different fabrics from a collection called Celebrate Spring from Moda which are absolutely lovely and make me smile when I look at them. I decided to use one of the pattern designs from Vanilla House's Vintage Apron Ensemble and I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. First, I made a sample to make sure I liked the pattern, and I learned so much from doing just that. I even made my own bias binding; how cool is that!

3 comments:

Shawnee said...

It sounds like you had a great time with the whole process. I'm proud of you for making your own bias tape!! I bought a little attachment to help me but I've gotten so brave yet. Can't wait to see pictures!

Glad you're in the swap.

dressmaker in training said...

You're totally right, this has been so much fun for me. Thanks so much for letting me participate in your swap! And thanks for visiting my blog:)

Marita said...

Gorgeous fabric combo. I've just signed up for the summer apron swap, plus the Bend the Rules swap as well. I've got to get sewing! Thanks for stopping by to say hi.