A few months ago I bought the cutest vintage McCall's apron pattern from the 1960's, and I finally had a chance to sew it up. I decided it would be perfect for my sassy apron swap partner. The theme for the swap is summer, and the pattern turned out to be perfect. There's something fun and playful about it that just made it very appropriate for the season.
My swap partner's blog header actually inspired my choice of colors. The main fabric is a quilting cotton in robin's egg blue with brown polka dots and the pockets are a coordinating toile. The fabric for the waistband front is a brown cotton and the back ties are also from the polka dot fabric. I finished it off with rows of matching brown ric rac.

6 comments:
So cute!!!
PS: Regarding the patchwork purse, I generally followed this tutorial (scroll down to see it):
http://creativelittledaisy.typepad.com/creative_little_daisy/2006/06/two_little_tuts.html
It's pretty easy! ~ Kris
that is PRECIOUS! I love the pattern....may have to see if I can find it on ebay....
Apron looks lovely, I especially like the toile fabric. Your rows of ric rac are so straight! I sometimes find it a bit tricky to sew.
Thanks:)
That turned out adorable!
Oh, that apron is so wonderful! I lvoe the colors and the rick-rack.
Post a Comment